Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Countdown....

Zach is a smart little guy. Way back in February, after Josh celebrated his birthday, Zach wanted to know when it would be his birthday. At the time, I said he had to wait until Ethan's birthday, Josh's Baptism Celebration, Mom's Birthday, and Ethan's Baptism Celebration...then his birthday would be next.

Zach remembered this & shortly after Ethan's Baptism celebration, Zach again asked when his birthday would be. I created a countdown to help mark off the days until his birthday.

I explained to him when I created it that we would mark off one box a day & when all the boxes were marked off that it would be his birthday. Zach looks at me & says, "I have a good idea. How about we mark off all the boxes today & then it can be my birthday today!" That was followed with a big smile & bright eyes. So I explained that we can only mark off 1 box per day. He said , "okay" and we hung up the countdown.

The countdown has worked really well. Zach is no longer asking when his birthday is. We are having daily discussion about what he thinks he is getting for his birthday & for a little guy, he has a pretty BIG list!

No comments: