Tuesday, April 21, 2009

He surprised us all!

"He" being Zach today!

After school I told the boys that we could go up to QFC (the grocery store) to get popsicles. The plan was for me to walk pushing the little guys in a stroller & the older two would ride their bikes. Zach has started learning to ride a bike also (with training wheels). When he heard that the big boys were riding their bikes, he was determined to ride his also. The trip was about 2 miles round trip...up until that point, Zach had never gone more that a block. There was no stopping Zach...he was riding! I decided not to fight him & let him try...figuring we would get around the corner when he would get tired!

Instead, he just kept going and going...the farther we got the more nervous I got...what was I going to do when he decided he was done? I had visions of pushing the stroller & carrying the bike, while trying to convince Zach to walk along side me. Zach made it all the way to the store to get the popsciles without ever stopping! We rode about 1/2 way home to a park, stopped again & ate the popsciles & then headed home. Only one time after we started up after the popsciles, I heard him say he was getting tired but he made it! Josh, Nate & I were all very impressed...none of us gave him enough credit!! Way to go Zach!

1 comment:

grandpa g said...

Zach,
You are really getting to be a big boy!!!
Gpa G