Sunday, June 28, 2009

Nate's first

JOKE!

Lately we have been eating lots of popsciles. They come with jokes printed on the sticks. Things like:

What can you steal and not get arrested? Second base.
What has ears but can not hear? A field of corn.

You get the idea. The boys all enjoy the jokes. Even Ethan will bring me his stick to have me read the joke...after I finish, he always laughs as if he really gets it! He seems very aware of everyone around him & what they are doing...much of his actions are based on copying what he sees around him.

But I digress from the original reason for this post.

Today in the car, Nate asks a question (and we didn't realize is was a joke).

Nate says, "Why is there no one in the ice cream store?"
Jim and I both both ask, "What ice cream store?" (because we see none around)
Nate says, "Because it was deserted!!" Then laughs & laughs, he continues
by asking if we get it and says, "Get it, ice cream is a dessert, deserted"

It was a good play on words & impressive that he came up with it! There you go, a joke by Nate!

1 comment:

grandpa g said...

Gpa got your funny funny joke Nate.
Pretty good for a 4th grader on summer vacation.

Did you know ice cream is my favorite desert?

I'll save this one for Gma when she wants to go to Dairy Queen.