Thursday, June 12, 2008

Can you hear Josh cheering? Actually he is pretty mellow & you wouldn't really know that it is his last day of school. When I asked how he felt about being done with school, he response was "Good." That was pretty much the end of our conservation. Here is a picture of the door that Josh lined up to next to all year..next year he will line up in the gym with Nate.

Here is a close up of him on his last day....



After school, Brett and Jake came over for a couple hours..they are 2 brothers in Nate's class. We all had pizza & popsicles! Well, everyone except Zach. Zach went to bed shortly after we came home...poor guy feels really bad. He has completely lost his voice. I did get a good laugh today because I said something about him being horse and he broke down in tears & said "me, not horse". I had to explain myself but he still had hurt feelings (remember my post a few days ago about his fragile feelings).

We finished the walk tonight. The final step was to put the sand in between the bricks & seal it up! That is all done. Jim started laying the sand last night. I went out after dinner & worked on it some. All of the bricks had to be hit repeatedly with a rubber mallet to make sure the sand was in & around the bricks. I have blisters on my hand from all the time I hit the bricks...sounds sad...but I was out there swinging that hammer for a long time tonight! The good news it is done. This weekend we can back fill around it & start the landscaping along the house. We also have to work on the parking area (which will be a larger gravel area).


No comments: