Saturday, June 14, 2008

What a busy, busy day. The weather was beautiful, which was great because we had a lot of outside activities going on. Both boys had their last games of the season.

I got a kick out of Nate last night...here was our conversation at bedtime:

Nate: I am excited about soccer tomorrow and hope we win the Championship.
Me: Championship?
Nate: Yeah, the last game of the year is the championship game, so tomorrow is our championship game.
Me: thinking to myself...do I explain that it is not really a championship game, that there is no championship game or crowned champion in their league...instead, I ask: What is the most important part of the game? Winning?
Nate: No, it is having fun and doing my best, but winning the Championship would still be cool.
Me: Good night Nate! Get your rest for your game tomorrow...laughing to myself because he is sort of understanding that the goal is to play hard, do his best & have fun but that need to win is still there!

Before the games, Nate went to an end of the year pool party for a few hours with some other friends to celebrate being done with second grade.

I missed the beginning of Josh's game when he was in goal because I picked up Nate from the pool party but we came in time to see him in the field. I brought the video camera and took about 5 minutes of video so I didn't get many pictures. Unfortunately, 5 minutes was all the time the camera had. Jim had used up most of the video at Josh's Kindergarten celebration & I didn't know it! So I didn't have a video camera for Nate but instead got tons of pictures! There was not enough time to go home between the games but we did walk into downtown Plymouth & grab a quick bite to eat.

Both Nate and Josh did win their games & Nate got his medal (but everyone on every team gets a medal at the end of the season!

Here is a picture of Josh during his game & a slide show from Nate's game.





At the end of the day, Nate told me that he had a GREAT first day of summer. At bedtime we usually talk about our favorite parts of the day. Today he told me that he could not pick a favorite part because the whole day was his favorite!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

LOL! Love the picture of Zach hiding in the stroller!