Saturday, May 24, 2008

A busy day at our house....

We worked outside quite a bit...made progress on the front pavers & did a few other things around the yard.

Zach had a great day with his potty training & kept his pants dry all day. He even peed on a tree for the first time today - sorry no pictures!

Nate and Josh got themselves into some trouble today (for lying & not listening). Out by the garage there was a robin nest. The robin laid three eggs. Two of the eggs hatched last week. The nest was actually in a place that was easy to see but safe from most pr editors (probably safe from all 4 legged pr editors but not 2 legged ones!). When I went out to check on the nest today it was gone. I looked on the ground and there was nothing, which I thought was weird. If something (4 legged type) had got the nest, there should have been evidence of the nest left on the ground. I asked Nate if he had touched the nest & his response was "not that I remember". This immediately raised a red flag as it was a very peculiar answer from him. I asked him again with a firm tone & a doubtfully look & he then admitted that he and Josh had moved the nest to "somewhere safe". He and Josh had tried to bring the baby birds worms to eat but obviously the little birds are no longer with us. I can completely see where two little boys would be intrigued by the nest & the thought that they would raise baby birds; however, I CLEARLY told the boys to leave the nest alone & not touch it...then there was the "not that I remember". The boys sat in a time out for awhile & then had to spend some time cleaning the backyard.

No comments: