Monday, May 19, 2008

Our morning was pretty uneventful...everyone really slept in. I am not sure if this is because the weekend tired them out or everyone is getting whatever Ethan has.

I had to wake Nate up...at first he was not too interested...but then I reminded him of our deal & that there were only 18 more mornings until summer break & then he rolled over with a grin and got out of bed.

Josh had a friend over after school. We walked home but I thought we would never actually make it home. The boys had to test every "helicopters" on the way home to rate it flying ability. I never realized how many Maple trees there are in our subdivision until today. The helicopter that were deemed unsuitable were smashed & destroyed. Those that flew the best were tucked away as prized treasures. Children really do see the world completely different!

After school, the big boys and I played soccer in the back yard until Jim came home. we practiced shooting & dribbling, and then we played a game to practice goalie skills. The boys each took turns in goal...I kicked 10 shots for each to see how many they could stop. They got a point if they stopped the ball & I got a point if I scored. I did these 2-3 times for Nate and Josh & didn't win a single time! Nate was being really aggressive & stopping some really hard shots...now we just have to get him to play like that in a game!

Nate had practice tonight. Jim went to help out while the rest of us stayed home. Jim came home hanging his head. Nate quit about half way through practice saying that he was too tired. I have mentioned that he is really hot & cold when it comes to playing soccer. He has the ability but just seems to lack in the drive. We are not sure why. His attitude is really poor at times & he complains that he can't play. I/we have over and over tried to encourage him & get him past the negative attitude. I think there is something more that we are missing. We are really not sure what to do. We are not trying to push him into soccer if he is not interested...he can stop playing, play something else or play nothing. We tried to take a Love & Logic approach, we talked to him about options & put things on his shoulders to figure out what he wants to do....we will see what happens....

No comments: