Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Two thumbs up this morning!

I will be the first to admit that our life is not all laughs & giggles. We have our share of struggles & frustrations. One of our big struggles is the morning...getting everyone up, ready and out the door is sometimes more of a challenge than I can handle.

The struggles usually start with getting Nate out of bed. Josh is almost always up around 6:30 & Zach shortly thereafter. Nate on the other hand would sleep until 9 every morning if he could....so our morning battle begins around 7-7:15 when I tell him it is time to get up. Most mornings it take 5-10 minutes of encouragement before he is up but he is never really happy about it. Some mornings his complaining & lack of cooperation use up all my patience before I can even get him out of bed! UGH!

Yesterday I made a deal with him...there were only 23 more mornings left until school was out. I told him if he got up with a smile for each of those mornings that he could sleep in as long as he wanted once school was out. He seemed to be intrigued by the deal. So today was morning #1 & sure enough he got up on his own & even had a smile....it was such a nicer way to start the morning with him! Any bets on how many more mornings like this I get before he goes back to the old ways?

No comments: