Saturday, May 17, 2008

The highlight of the day was a visit from Uncle Dave. The boys love to see their uncle! They were a bit disappointed that Uncle Dave came more to work with Dad and less to play with them this time....they still managed to get in some play time. Uncle Dave also went and say Nate's soccer game.

Dave and Jim finished all the excavation for the front pavers. Some of it has been backfilled with stone. We still need some more stone & then a sand layer. The pavers will be delivered later this week!


After Nate's soccer game we decided to go downtown and get something to eat at Panera's...the kids enjoy eating out once in awhile & places like Panera are not too expensive! After we ate, I decided to head home with Ethan because it was cold and after 7. Jim stayed downtown with the other 3 boys to play in the park downtown. They all came home a little after 8. Jim let me know that Zach had a present in his pants for me...he is doing well with #1 but we have yet to get him to go #2 in the potty. I have switched exclusively to pull-ups (we still call them underwear). It is easier to change poop in pull-ups than real underwear. Anyway, when Zach walked in the door, I asked him what happened & why he pooped in his pants...he shrugged his shoulders & said "I just don't know". I really wanted to laugh (but held it in) & said I was really sad & he grabbed his cheeks and made a frown.

Then I did something that probably really set our potty training back...I not only laughed by I grabbed the camera & took a picture of his frown & then had him shrug his shoulders again & took a picture. It was just too funny & I couldn't help it but I know I will pay for it later when he repeats his performance & thinks I will laugh! Oh well...

Zach saying he just does not know what happened:
Zach frowning after I frowned:

No comments: