Monday, May 12, 2008

Poop in His Underwear :(

Well, it happened today....the first time Zach pooped in actual underwear. It is such a mess! Yuck! I sacrificed the underwear. I noticed that it was starting to separate near the band & that was enough of an excuse to cut it off & avoid trying to pull them down! I was so annoyed because he had JUST got off the potty!

Potty training is one of my least favorite parent activities. We sort of put it off with Zach because we were busy and lacked the energy & also he showed absolutely no interest. He turns 3 on Wednesday so we really couldn't put it off any longer...definitely time. I was certain that he would get it quick, afterall, the kid knows the names of the characters on Star Wars, can tell you if they are bad or good & even does remarkably well playing Star Wars Legos....so my thought was that if he could do all that, he could certainly figure out how to use the toilet! After working with him the last couple days, I realized that potty training is really less of "understanding" and more of changing a habit. He has never worried about stopping what he was doing to use the toilet & making it a habit to stop playing is obviously not easy for a 2-3 year old. I guess though that this gave me a little more perspective & hopefully a little more patience as I deal with "accidents".

No comments: