Friday, May 30, 2008

I am not sure what it is about Friday nights but it must be the day that my boys picked to test my parenting patience & I am failing miserably! You will remember a few weeks ago & the fun I had with Nate and Zach when trying to leave Josh's practice...well, I think Zach topped that tonight!

Jim took Josh to practice and left me with the other three. We played outside for quite awhile but Ethan was getting tired so I brought everyone inside to get baths started. I bathed Zach and Ethan, then got Ethan ready for bed while Zach used the potty.

I needed to get Ethan in bed so I left Zach & Nate in the living room while I went back to put Ethan down. We have been trying the commando approach a bit with Zach so I left him naked watching a cartoon. Nate was playing on the computer. Zach had just got off the pot so I figured he would be fine for 10-15 minutes. I was rocking Ethan when Nate came back to tell me that Zach had pooped in the living room. Here is where the fun starts! Ethan had been settled down & I was almost ready to lay down before Nate showed up. Nate's burst into the room had changed all that! I was not sure how bad the mess was, so I put Ethan in his crib...figured that was the "safest" place to ensure that he stayed clean! This was not a popular choice & Ethan was screaming as I left the room

When I got to the living room, I found that Zach had pooped on the floor...not too bad...certainly could have been worse on the furniture....but then I see Zach. He is covered with poop! Nate failed to mention that Zach played in the poop, picked it up, EAT SOME & then must have tried to wipe it off his hands...right onto his belly & back! What the heck....why would you eat poop! I am trying to decide if I need to worry about the fact that he just ate or at least put feces in his mouth! I decided since it was his own & it had just LEFT his body that a small taste would probably not cause any major problems! I put Zach into the shower (he HATES the shower..probably not the nicest mom thing to do) & cleaned off all the poop while he cried. In the background I can still hear Ethan screaming also! My blood pressure always goes up when I have several kids crying & I am trying to deal with things like one of them eating feces. Once I got Zach out of the shower, I dried him off, put a diaper on him & sat him on the couch (on TV) & told him to stay there until Jim got home (which I figured would be in just a couple minutes). I went back to try and calm Ethan down.

Jim did come home shortly to find Zach still sitting on the couch & he was filled in on what happened by Nate and Zach, while I was still rocking Ethan and trying to calm myself down as much as Ethan....what a wonderful mom moment!

No comments: